Retreat And Inspiration (From Dream to Reality)
I am sitting here in my home office in Wicklow writing this, about to embark on Wed on our Complete Transformation Retreats’ maiden voyage to Lanzarote for a week of Sun, Relaxation, Learning, De-Stressing and experiencing an amazing week with people who have trusted me to host an experience to remember.
It feels quite surreal, to be honest, as this was just a dream in September. A dream that turned into a reality, that turned into something really special.
I love helping people, I love the sun, I love coaching positive change, I love training, so I thought why not combine all three and see if anyone would be interested in joining me.
Before I offered it to the outside world, I thought I’d offer it to my members as an idea and to put the feelers out.
It was slow to catch on but after banging on about it for a month or so it turned into a sell out just after Christmas.
Where do you even start when organising one of these?
I generally take my family away for a pre Christmas holiday so I planned to check out the villa I had chosen. I’m glad I did, as It turned out to be the wrong one! It was just a bit crowded and one that didn’t have the wow factor!
And that’s what I was looking for.
I spent the week sourcing yoga teachers and checking out villa after villa after villa, they just didn’t cut the mustard. I finally stumbled on one on my last day having been to at least 12.
And boy did we stumble on a gem…
9 Double rooms, swimming pool, 10 man Jacuzzi, putting green, two kitchens, you get the picture.
As we prepare the last few bits to head off, I thought It might just give someone some inspiration as it really doesn’t have to be a big scary thing i.e. making your dream come true.
I had an idea, I researched it, talked to a few people who actually do this also, with the help of Sarah who works within CPT, we researched stuff to do, the logistics, the travel, how all this would work so we could offer it in one holistic package.
After a couple of months, we had it all packaged up and villa secured, itinerary nailed down, masseuses booked, walking guide booked, boat excursion booked, this thing was set up to succeed, all we needed was people.
Without anything to show from previous retreats or proof that I could pull it off.
When I first mentioned it, I must admit I got some funny looks, like Really?
It wasn’t an easy sell, but I managed to help people share my vision of making this happen and how much they would enjoy themselves.
I really do appreciate the people who invested their hard earned money into this and trusted that I would deliver the week they are expecting.
And I will.
Sometimes, we all can use a little dose of inspiration to get or keep us going!
I thought I’d share this with you as I haven’t done anything special.
All I have done is “take action”
Initially imperfect action, but action none the less.
You too can do whatever you want with regards to making your dreams come true, all it takes is persistence, hard work and TAKE ACTION!
Do you have a success tip that has helped YOU on your journey to better health and fitness, business, or in any other area of life?
Your tip can be anything from something that makes you feel empowered to an actual strategy or tip that you’ve used to overcome something!
I’ll start with a few to get the ball rolling:
- ALWAYS believe in yourself. You are capable of far more than you know. I love Thomas Edison’s quote: “If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.”
- Live life with gratitude. There is always something to be grateful for, no matter what the situation. “Be happy with what you have while working for what you want“ as Hellen Keller put it.
- Surround yourself with good people. Find people that motivate you and push you to be a better person than you were yesterday. Find positive, sharing people who will help you shine. Find honest people who will tell you where you went wrong without judging or condemning and support you no matter what.
- Respect yourself and value your time. Jim Rohn says it best: “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time”
- Know the difference between what you want NOW and what you want MOST. Now it’s your turn. Share one of your best tips that has helped you to become successful in the comments below!
- Most importantly TAKE ACTION.
Yours in fitness and inspiration